I’m 29 today. It’s weird to think that I am departing on the last year of the first decade of adulthood. Last month, I started thinking about it and I was so sad. It seems like the end of an era. So much has happened in the last 9 years.
- I had my heart broken.
- I made new friends.
- I lost friends. 9 years later I wish that I had tried harder.
- I climbed out of a hole and became myself again.
- I figured out that I was worth it.
- I realized how much I enjoy mojitos.
- I finished college.
- I moved to a foreign country.
- I figured out what made me happy.
- I had bad boss after bad boss.
- I found a mentor or two.
- I bought a house.
- I fell in love. Again. And it was so much better.
- I got scuba certified.
- I got engaged.
- I made more new friends. I realized that friendships are a journey.
- I traveled.
- I stuck up for myself.
- I found out I was pregnant after not knowing if it would be possible.
- I got married. Yes, in that order.
- I had a baby.
- I got more comfortable and confident in my job.
- I learned that being assertive doesn’t mean being a bitch.
- I learned that you don’t know love or vulnerability until you are a mother.
And so much more! It’s hard to reflect on these last 9 years and remember every pivotal moment because there have been so many!
After grieving a bit, I decided that I’m going to make this year count so I came up with 29 Goals for my 29th year. You can view my Pin Board with all of my goals here.