1. Call church as soon as you get engaged. Find out about pre-marital requirements for a Catholic wedding.
2. Join a local Parish (so this only applies if you’ve been naughty and haven’t attended church regularly)
3. Speak with local Parish priest about pre-marital requirements.
4. Plan to attend Engaged Encounter. Save up your moola (this cost us $200 large). Find out from local Parish the deets about the next Encounter.
5. Attend Engaged Encounter. Fall in love all over again.
6. Keep calling church to try and book wedding date.
7. Have wedding planner stalk church secretary in hopes of booking the church.
8. Try, try again.
10. Go with the flow. You play by the Church’s rules. End of story. So if they say, “You can only get married at 10 a.m. or 12 p.m.,” there are no negotiations.
11. Finish pre-marital counseling with local priest.
And that is my 11-Step plan on how to book a Catholic church for your destination wedding. Start early and keep trying. I called the Church for the first time in March and we just booked this week. Perseverance people, perseverance.