If you’ve ever asked yourself any of these questions or done any of these things:
- What color paint would make people eat more?
- What smell would make people buy more?
- Written to a 6th grade reading level because your audience can’t handle words with more than two syllables
- Pondered what radio station women who are considering plastic surgery might listen to
- Thrown out words and phrases like ROI, focus group, image study, perception or reputation management
then you, my friend, are a marketer. And because you are a marketer you must read this book – Syrup by Maxx Barry.
My friends Fayth and Stephan lent me this book and I haven’t been able to put it down. The plot focuses on a young man who comes up with an idea for a new cola product (appropriately named Fukk). He pitches the idea to Coke and hilarity ensues. Please, please pick this book up and when you have finished lets be nerdy and get together and discuss! Because lets face it book clubs are cool and cool people like book clubs.